10. Chaperones – It’s pretty obvious, yet important. Our youth need adult supervision.
9. Communication – Begin communication before the event begins.
8. Small Group Leaders – Help facilitate Bible study discussions and devotions.
7. Worksite Leaders – Help oversee and coordinate projects at worksites.
6. Planning Meetings – Be resources for each other (see It’s Your Serve, pages 84-88).
5. Support Staff – Recruit adults from your church or organization to help in key areas (i.e. recreation, music, food, etc.).
4. Assistants – Use youth counselors as assistants to support staff as they are gifted.
3. Delegate Responsibilities – Delegate so you have sufficient time to do your job.
2. Special Talents – Use the gifts and talents of your adult volunteers to enhance the event.
1. Role Models – Hard working adults live out their Christian life in real ways.
Compiled by the 2013 LCMS Servant Event Committee: Rev. Barry Akers; Shelly Carlson; Linda Gage; James Lohman, DCE; Randy Ronning, DCE; Leah Sallach